Thursday, February 7, 2013

Animoto


I created an Animoto video with my students.  We created a video about shapes.  We were learning about shapes and reading some great shape books.  My students created signs and pictures and used their bodies to create the shapes.  This was a great project for my students.  They were able to chose aspects of the video process they were most comfortable with.  Some students were camera shy and chose to write the names of a shape and draw the shape.  While other students enjoyed working together to create shapes.  We will use this video to review shapes and will share with our first grade peers.  This video would be great to introduce shapes and have students participate and make shapes with their bodies.  I think it would be a great assessment piece:  students can match the names and shapes and create them with their bodies.




Here are some of the books I used to teach my lessons about shapes:



2 comments:

  1. Loved the video. It really shows how students are learning. It shows students are learning through multiple intelligences, creating with their own bodies the shapes: kinesthetic learning--plus the video is visual learning. Would love to visit your classroom some time. Your students are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! We would love to have you!

      Delete